Projects per year
We describe ion current rectification using a Polymer of Intrinsic Microporosity (PIM) based on Tröger's base (PIM-EA-TB). When deposited asymmetrically over one (or more) 20 μm diameter hole(s) in 6 μm thick poly(ethylene terephthalate) and investigated in a two-compartment electrochemical cell with acidified aqueous NaCl on both sides, novel ionic diode effects are observed.
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'Water desalination concept using an ionic rectifier based on a polymer of intrinsic microporosity (PIM)'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- 1 Finished
Applying Long-Lived Metastable States in Switchable Functionality via Kinetic Control of Molecular Assembly
1/11/12 → 30/04/18
Project: Research council
- Department of Chemistry - Professor
- Institute for Sustainable Energy and the Environment
- Centre for Sustainable and Circular Technologies (CSCT)
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Statistical Applied Mathematics (SAMBa)
- Water Innovation and Research Centre (WIRC)
- Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Centre for Biosensors, Bioelectronics and Biodevices (C3Bio)
Person: Research & Teaching