•Consumer wearables can provide patients with personalized health data, which could assist with self-diagnosis and behaviour change interventions.• There are a number of concerns about the safety, reliability and security of using consumer wearables in healthcare.• Practitioners and researchers should consider how these technological advances may impact healthcare in the 21st century.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'The rise of consumer health wearables: promises and barriers'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- Management - Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor)
- Information, Decisions & Operations
- Bath Centre for Healthcare Innovation and Improvement
- Applied Digital Behaviour Lab
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Cyber Security
Person: Research & Teaching