In a world where entrepreneurial success often seems deceptively accessible, it is not always clear what makes a person entrepreneurial. In this book, Dimo Dimov offers a reflective insight into the entrepreneurial journey, striking up a conversation about entrepreneurship in order to challenge and untangle existing preconceptions. A discussion of challenges and tensions such as idea versus opportunity, genius versus lunatic, and skill versus luck forms the foundation of the book, while the second part offers actions and considerations which can help the reader to seek opportunities in a fractious environment. The final part of the text focuses on the collective spirit in entrepreneurship, arising from the interplay between participation and outcomes. The author brings a succinct diversity to the field, making this book essential reading for undergraduate and postgraduate students on entrepreneurship courses, as well as scholars, researchers, and practitioners looking for a new perspective on entrepreneurship.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Economics, Econometrics and Finance(all)
- Business, Management and Accounting(all)
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'The Reflective Entrepreneur'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- Management - Professor
- Strategy & Organisation
- Centre for Business, Organisations and Society (CBOS)
- Centre for Research in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Bath
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Cyber Security
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Advanced Automotive Propulsion Systems (AAPS CDT)
- Institute for Advanced Automotive Propulsion Systems (IAAPS)
- Centre for Future of Work
- Innovation Bridge
Person: Research & Teaching, Core staff, Affiliate staff