This paper introduces the Multi-Vehicle Probabilistic Covering Tour Problem (MVPCTP) which extends the Covering Tour Problem (CTP) by incorporating multiple vehicles and probabilistic coverage. As in the CTP, total demand of customers is attracted to the visited facility vertices within the coverage range. The objective function is to maximize the expected customer demand covered. The MVPCTP is first formulated as an integer non-linear programming problem, and then a linearization is proposed, which is strengthened by several sets of valid inequalities. An effective branch-and-cut algorithm is developed in addition to a local search heuristic based on Variable Neighborhood Search to obtain upper bounds. Extensive computational experiments are performed on new benchmark instances adapted from the literature.
- Covering tour
- Integer programming
- Vehicle routing
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Modelling and Simulation
- Management Science and Operations Research
- Information Systems and Management
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'The Multi-Vehicle Probabilistic Covering Tour Problem'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- Management - Professor
- Information, Decisions & Operations - Director of Studies MSc in Business Analytics
- Bath Centre for Healthcare Innovation and Improvement
- Institute for Mathematical Innovation (IMI)
- Smart Warehousing and Logistics Systems
Person: Research & Teaching, Researcher