Addition of 1 atm of H2S to [Ru(IMeS)(2)(CO)(EtOH)H-2] (IMes = 1,3-bis(2,4,6-trimethylphenyl)imidazol-2-ylidene) affords the air-stable hydrogen sulfide dihydride complex, [Ru(IMeS)(2)(CO)(H2S)H-2] 2. Treatment of 2 with excess H2S leads to formation of the 16-electron bis-hydrosulfido complex, [Ru(IMeS)(2)(CO)(SH)(2)] 3. Preliminary studies show that 3 reacts with both H-2 and CO in solution as well as in the solid state. Both 2 and 3 have been structurally characterized.
- hydrosulfido ruthenium imidazolylidene thiol complex prepn crystal mol structure
- Molecular mechanics (prepn.
- and computational studies of ruthenium hydrogen sulfide dihydride complex)
- Density functional theory
- Molecular structure (of imidazolylidene ruthenium hydrogen sulfide dihydride and bis-hydrosulfido complexes)
- Crystal structure
- Molecular structure (optimized
- imidazolylidene ruthenium hydrogen sulfide dihydride complex prepn crystal structure