The combination of augmented reality and metrology could lead to immersive metrology which has the potential to radically change how part inspection is undertaken, and by doing so enhance the value adding capability of being able to dynamically inspect a part in situ without handling it. This paper presents a case for immersive metrology within the context of part inspection. A framework is proposed to enable integration of the critical elements of augmented reality for dimensional inspection of different case study parts.
- Augmented Reality
- Human Computer Interaction
- Measurment-assisted assembly
- Verification and Validation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Control and Systems Engineering
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering