This paper presents an exact algorithm, a constructive heuristic algorithm, and a metaheuristic for the Hamiltonian p-Median Problem (HpMP). The exact algorithm is a branch-and-cut algorithm based on an enhanced p-median based formulation, which is proved to dominate an existing p-median based formulation. The constructive heuristic is a giant tour heuristic, based on a dynamic programming formulation to optimally split a given sequence of vertices into cycles. The metaheuristic is an iterated local search algorithm using 2-exchange and 1-opt operators. Computational results show that the branch-and-cut algorithm outperforms the existing exact solution methods.
- Management - Professor
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Statistical Applied Mathematics (SAMBa)
- Information, Decisions & Operations - Director of Studies MSc in Business Analytics
- Bath Centre for Healthcare Innovation and Improvement
- Institute for Mathematical Innovation (IMI)
- Smart Warehousing and Logistics Systems
Person: Research & Teaching, Researcher