Projects per year
The use of bistable laminates is a potential approach to realize more broadband piezoelectric based energy harvesting systems. Based on the experimental time series of a bistable laminate plate we have examined its dynamic response. The system was subjected to harmonic excitations showing the existence of single well and snap-through vibrations of periodic and chaotic character. To identify the dynamics of the system response we examine the frequency spectrum, phase portraits and multi-scaled entropy. It is observed that the composite multiscale entropy analysis can be used to identify complexity within the dynamic response successfully.
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'Complex response of a bistable laminated plate: Multiscale entropy analysis'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- 1 Finished
Kim, A., Bowen, C. & Clarke, C.
26/01/12 → 25/07/15
Project: Research council
- Department of Mechanical Engineering - Professor
- Materials and Structures Centre (MAST)
- Centre for Sustainable and Circular Technologies (CSCT)
- Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Institute for Mathematical Innovation (IMI)
- Centre for Biosensors, Bioelectronics and Biodevices (C3Bio)
- Centre for Autonomous Robotics (CENTAUR)
- Faculty of Engineering and Design - Associate Dean (Research)
Person: Research & Teaching