Projects per year
A novel ring voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) topology is proposed which uses monolithic inductors as a peaking load. Four design examples have been fabricated and tested to verify the proposed circuit structure. The highest measured oscillation frequency is 25.07 GHz, with a tuning range of more than four octaves, and the active area is 0.0085 mm2. The design has the highest combined frequency and tuning range with the best figure of merit (≈ 195) comparable to previously published work.
- Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering - Deputy Head of Department
- Centre for Biosensors, Bioelectronics and Biodevices (C3Bio)
- UKRI CDT in Accountable, Responsible and Transparent AI
- Centre for Autonomous Robotics (CENTAUR)
- Electronics Materials, Circuits & Systems Research Unit (EMaCS)
Person: Research & Teaching