We report the rationallised design of aluminium initiators and their application for ROP of rac-lactide (rac-LA). Very minor change to the ligand backbone (imine reduction) to give secondary amines was found to have a dramatic effect on activity and selectivity with isotactic PLA being realised.
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'Aluminium Salalens vs. Salans: “Initiator Design” for the Isoselective Polymerisation of rac-Lactide'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- Department of Chemistry - Head of Department
- Centre for Sustainable and Circular Technologies (CSCT)
- Institute for Sustainability
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Advanced Automotive Propulsion Systems (AAPS CDT)
- Institute for Advanced Automotive Propulsion Systems (IAAPS)
Person: Research & Teaching, Core staff, Affiliate staff
Aluminium Salalens vs. Salans: “Initiator Design” for the Isoselective Polymerisation of rac-Lactide