MSCA FIRE: Fellows with Industrial Research Enhancement
The FIRE programme is an integrated 4 year Doctoral Training programme, bringing together two national Centres for Doctoral Training: the Centre for Sustainable Chemical Technologies and the Centre for Digital Entertainment.
The objectives of MSCA FIRE are to increase the international aspects of these successful intersectoral and inter-disciplinary programmes and to develop the elements of transnational mobility and career development, common to our industry facing doctoral programmes.
Objectives are to:
- Offer FIRE Fellows the benefits of two established national Doctoral Training Centres, as they expand their international company placement activities.
- Bring Fellows the benefits of the cross-sectoral reach of both Centre, with vibrant industries.
- Enhance interdisciplinarity and offer added-value training practices beyond their specialised research area, to all fellows.
- Use these synergies to fire-up the fellows to become autonomous, creative, highly-skilled and fully ready for careers in international industries.
This will be achieved by:
- Implementing a combined 4 year doctoral training programme,
- using two existing national Doctoral Training Centres and their already engaged industrial partners.
MSCA FIRE will deliver:
- 20 autonomous, creative, highly-skilled scientists and engineers fully ready for careers in international industries, and
- A model for intersectoral, interdisciplinary doctoral training in an international environment.
Industrial partners ensure that research carried out is relevant and will enhance employability of graduates, both in Europe and globally.