Projects per year
I have been a Professor of Education and Political Economy at the University of Bath since 1996.
- Fellow the Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS),
- Eleven books published (3 published by Oxford University Press with translations of four books into several languages including Chinese, Japanese and Korean).
- Since 2005 he has given keynote presentations in over 17 countries, including World Bank in Washington, International Labour Office in Geneva, European Commission in Brussels.
- Visiting Professor at the University of Witswaterand, UCL Institute of Education, London University and the University of Turku.
- Currently Visiting Professor at the Centre for Skills, Performance and Productivity Research, Institute for Adult Learning/Workforce Development Agency, Singapore
- Director, The Institute for Policy Research, University of Bath, 2014-2016.
- Long track record of successful doctoral supervision (37 Doctoral students).
- Editor, Journal of Education and Work
- Political economy of skill formation
- Educational policy
- Political economy of education
- School effectiveness
1/09/20 → 31/08/23
Project: Research council
5/01/20 → 31/12/21
1/01/17 → 31/12/20
Project: EU Commission
Co-creating resilience in segregated urban communities: Developing arts-based methodologies in Mexico City
1/05/19 → 31/10/20
Project: Research-related funding
Lauder, H. & Mayhew, K., 2 Jan 2020, In : Oxford Review of Education. 46, 1, p. 1-9 9 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Editorial
Bunnell, T., Donnelly, M., Lauder, H. & Whewall, S., 24 Aug 2020, In : Compare : A Journal of Comparative and International Education.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Lauder, H., 1 Apr 2020, Knowledge, Policy and Practice in Education and the Struggle for Social Justice: Essays Inspired by the Work of Geoff Whitty . Brown, A. & Wisby, E. (eds.). London, U. K.: Institute of Education Press, p. 179-196 27 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
Sandoval-Hernández, A., Lauder, H. & Shields, R., 2019.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper