Projects per year
I have been a Professor of Education and Political Economy at the University of Bath since 1996.
- Fellow the Academy of Social Sciences (FAcSS),
- Eleven books published (3 published by Oxford University Press with translations of four books into several languages including Chinese, Japanese and Korean).
- Since 2005 he has given keynote presentations in over 17 countries, including World Bank in Washington, International Labour Office in Geneva, European Commission in Brussels.
- Visiting Professor at the University of Witswaterand, UCL Institute of Education, London University and the University of Turku.
- Currently Visiting Professor at the Centre for Skills, Performance and Productivity Research, Institute for Adult Learning/Workforce Development Agency, Singapore
- Director, The Institute for Policy Research, University of Bath, 2014-2016.
- Long track record of successful doctoral supervision (37 Doctoral students).
- Editor, Journal of Education and Work
- Political economy of skill formation
- Educational policy
- Political economy of education
- School effectiveness
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Organisational Perspectives on Accountability and Learning (OPAL): School Management Models and the Social Impact of Schooling in Mumbai and Kathmandu
1/10/17 → 30/09/20
Project: Research council
The clustering in ‘global universities’ of graduates from ‘Elite Traditional International Schools’: A surprising phenomenon?Bunnell, T., Donnelly, M. & Lauder, H., 31 Dec 2021, In: Globalisation, Societies and Education. 19, 5, p. 558-567 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Citation (SciVal)4 Downloads (Pure)
The clustering of Elite Traditional International School graduates at global universities in global citiesBunnell, T., Donnelly, M. & Lauder, H., 1 May 2021, In: International Schools Journal. 41, 1, p. 26-32 6 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Lauder, H. & Balarin, M., 21 Jan 2021, Education, Globalisation and the State: Essays in Honour of Roger Dale. Banal, X., Coxon, E., Novelli, M. & Verger, A. (eds.). Switzerland: Peter Lang Publishing Group, p. 139-152 14 p. (Global Studies in Education ; vol. 38).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
Lauder, H. & Mayhew, K., 2 Jan 2020, In: Oxford Review of Education. 46, 1, p. 1-9 9 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Editorial › peer-review5 Citations (SciVal)
Bunnell, T., Donnelly, M., Lauder, H. & Whewall, S., 31 Dec 2022, In: Compare : A Journal of Comparative and International Education. 52, 5, p. 712-728 17 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile2 Citations (SciVal)9 Downloads (Pure)