I teach various units on the BA (Hons) Education with Psychology programme. I also teach units on the MA Education (part-time) programme and supervise dissertations.
Previously I have been Head of the English Faculty at a comprehensive school, also teaching Media Studies, Philosophy and Critical Thinking. I have published several secondary English course books and anthologies.
I studied for my PhD in Philosophy of Education at the UCL Institute of Education, and worked there part-time as a tutor on the BA (Hons) Education Studies programme. My PhD thesis was entitled: Trusting teachers within reason: education and the epistemology of testimony.
- Philosophy of Education
- Epistemology, including epistemic justice
- Curriculum theory
- Dialogic pedagogy
- The educational implications of William Hazlitt’s Essay on the Principles of Human Action
- A review of recent approaches to rhetoric and argumentation
- The idea of wise judgement in choosing when (and when not) to believe what we are told
- Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain
- Society for Educational Studies
- British Education Research Association