Research Output per year
I teach various units on the BA (Hons) Education with Psychology programme. I also teach units on the MA Education (part-time) programme and supervise dissertations.
Previously I have been Head of the English Faculty at a comprehensive school, also teaching Media Studies, Philosophy and Critical Thinking. I have published several secondary English course books and anthologies.
I studied for my PhD in Philosophy of Education at the UCL Institute of Education, and worked there part-time as a tutor on the BA (Hons) Education Studies programme. My PhD thesis was entitled: Trusting teachers within reason: education and the epistemology of testimony.
- Philosophy of Education
- Epistemology, including epistemic justice
- Curriculum theory
- Dialogic pedagogy
- Intersections of education, philosophy and lierature: W. B Yeats, George Orwell, Hazlitt, George Herbert, Simone Weil.
- Elitism, talent and leadership: ethics of care and epistemic justice.
- Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain
- Society for Educational Studies
- British Education Research Association
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Thesis › Doctoral Thesis