Projects per year
I am an Associate Lecturer in Sociology at Oxford Brookes University and a teaching assistant in Education at the University of Bath. I am a Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Education and my study explores the experiences of international doctoral students in UK universities, using a framework that draws on the theories of Critical Pedagogy and Critical Race and Capabilities Approach. My focus is on the complex relationship between knowledge, power and ethics.
I am an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. I teach and co-convene multiple modules at the Departments of Education, Sociology and Social and Policy Sciences.
- Race and ethnicity in higher education
- Social and epistemic justice
- Higher education critical pedagogies
- Knowledge politics
I also engage in a number of academic and research activities:
- BERA ECR convenor
- Assistant book editor for the Journal of Critical Studies in Teaching and Learning (CriSTaL)
- Reviewer for the European Conference of Educational Research (ECER) - Research in Higher Education group
- Member of the Western Widening Participation Research Cluster (WWPREC)
Associate Lecturer, Oxford Brookes University27 Jan 2020 → …
- 12 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 2 Finished
1/08/20 → 31/03/21
Project: Research-related funding
Learning Through Blogs: Evaluating the learning and teaching benefits of using blogs in higher education
1/10/15 → 30/09/16
- 1 Article
Strategies for Supporting Inclusion and Diversity in The Academy: Higher Education, Aspiration and Inequality: Book reviewIsmail, G., 30 Jun 2021, Critical Studies in Teaching and Learning (CRISTAL), 9, 1, p. 135 137 p.
Research output: Contribution to specialist publication › ArticleOpen Access