Projects per year
Dr Pinto’s main area of research is focused on the development of intelligent materials and structures via the introduction of new functionalities, enhancing mechanical and thermo-electrical properties for applications in the fields of Aerospace, Automotive, Energy and Sport industries.
Current research interests include:
- Multiscale smart composites
- Polymeric materials and nanocomposites for structural and non-structural applications
- Bio-inspired composites for improved impact resistance in automotive and aerospace applications
- Hybrid materials with NDE/SHM features
- Active Polymers for shape morphing and adaptive structures in aerospace and industrial applications (morphing structures, soft actuators and sensors)
- Graphene, Carbon-Nanotubes and Non-Newtonian fluids reinforced composite materials (hardness and damping)
Mechanical Engineering, Doctor of Philosophy, University of Bath
- TJ Mechanical engineering and machinery
- multiscale composites
- smart materials and structures
- hybrid laminates
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
1/11/19 → 30/11/21
Project: Research council
NHYTE - New Hybrid Thermoplastic Composite Aerostructures Manufactured by Out of Autoclave Continuous Automated Technologies
1/05/17 → 31/10/20
Project: EU Commission
Meo, M., Rizzo, F., Portus, M. & Pinto, F., 7 Sep 2021, In: Materials. 14, 18, 5133.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)
Ultrasonic consolidation (UC) debulking of thermosetting prepreg for autoclave curing of composite laminatesFlora, F., Rizzo, F., Pinto, F. & Meo, M., 2021, In: Materials Today: Proceedings. 34, Part 1, p. 106-112
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review
Carbon/hemp bio-hybrid composites: Effects of the stacking sequence on flexural, damping and impact propertiesPinto, F., Boccarusso, L., De Fazio, D., Cuomo, S., Durante, M. & Meo, M., 15 Jun 2020, In: Composite Structures. 242, 112148.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Rizzo, F., D'Agostino, T., Cuomo, S., Pinto, F. & Meo, M., 6 Mar 2020.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper › peer-review
Rizzo, F., Pinto, F. & Meo, M., 1 Jun 2020, In: Applied Composite Materials. 27, 3, p. 209-229 21 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access
Smart Multifunctional Composite Materials for Improvement of Structural and Non-Structural PropertiesAuthor: Pinto, F., 31 Dec 2013
Supervisor: Meo, M. (Supervisor)
Student thesis: Doctoral Thesis › PhDFile