Projects per year
Dr Robinson worked as a design engineer before joining the University of Bath as a lecturer.
He worked on high-frequency power converters and controls for the machine-drives industry, and specialised power electronics for the control of electromagnetic fields at the Science and Engineering Research Council’s Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL), Oxfordshire.
He was responsible for the design and development of the 0.8 MW AC power-supply for the main beam-line magnets of the ISIS proton synchrotron operating at RAL, Oxfordshire. He has a PhD from Herriot-Watt University, Edinburgh.
- Analysis and design of power electronics for high performance motor drives, power-factor correction and power conversion systems.
- The application and low-noise switching of modern power semiconductor devices. Optimising the electrical and thermal utilisation of modern power-semiconductor-devices, e.g. power MOSFET, IGBT, IGCT, GCT, FRED diodes in high-frequency machine inverters, active filters and switching amplifiers.
- Modelling and simulation of power-semiconductor effects and power electronics systems.
Willing to supervise doctoral students
Interested in supervising students studying;
- Power electronics and drives
- Switch-mode power converters and amplifiers
- Power semiconductor application.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- 1 Similar Profiles
- 3 Finished
THE ENERGY STORAGE CONSORTIUM - SUPERGEN LINKED WITH SC236X COLLABORATION - SUPERGEN CONSORTIUM OTHER UNIS
Dunn, R., Robinson, F., Rodger, D. & Wang, H.
14/02/06 → 13/10/10
Project: Research council
Wang, C., Dunn, R., Robinson, F., Lian, B., Yuan, W. & Redfern, M., 1 Jan 2017, In: International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. 84, p. 87-98 12 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review10 Citations (SciVal)
Gee, A. M., Robinson, F. & Yuan, W., 31 Mar 2017, In: IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion. 32, 1, p. 55-64 10 p., 7567599.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile46 Citations (SciVal)147 Downloads (Pure)
Li, J., Yang, Q., Robinson, F., Liang, F., Zhang, M. & Yuan, W., 1 Jan 2017, In: Energy. 118, p. 1110-1122 13 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review65 Citations (SciVal)
Yu, D., Robinson, F., Zha, W. & Le Blond, S., 1 Sep 2015, 50th International Universities' Power Engineering Conference (UPEC), 2015. IEEE, 30
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution2 Citations (SciVal)
Aashoor, F. & Robinson, F., 24 Sep 2014, 3rd Renewable Power Generation Conference (RPG 2014). Naples: IET
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution10 Citations (SciVal)