Elisabeth Attlmayr joined the Department in September 2013 as Teaching Fellow in German. Prior to coming to Bath, she spent three years as ÖAD-Lektorin at the University of Hull.
A highly experienced language teacher, she taught German as a Foreign/Second Language at the Language Centre of the University of Innsbruck and at the University of Applied Science in Kufstein, while also teaching outside the higher education sector.
Elisabeth Attlmayr studied German philology and a combination of minors at the University of Innsbruck.
- In 2002/03, she was awarded a Fulbright German Teaching Assistantship to Bowling Green State University, where she gained her first teaching experience while completing an MA in German at the same time.
- In 2012 she was awarded her doctorate in German Literature (‘Alfred Polgars Theaterkritiken’) by the University of Innsbruck.
- in the area of early 20th century literature and culture,
- particularly the work of Alfred Polgar,
- the relationship between literature and journalism,
- and textual forms