Projects per year
- Biometrics: recognising people by the 3D shape of their faces.
- Colour and Multispectral Image Processing: colour edge detection; nonlinear filtering; colour image noise reduction and segmentation using scale-space sieves.
- Motion Estimation: motion estimation and analysis of non-rigid bodies (clouds, glaciers etc), object-based motion.
- Nonlinear Image Processing: mathematical morphological sieves, granulometric texture analysis, multivariate morphology.
- Application Areas: remote sensing, surveillance, medical imaging and video coding.
Willing to supervise doctoral students
PhD projects available in:
- 3D face recognition, including recognition and soft biometrics
- remotely sensed image analysis, including motion estimation and texture analysis
- mathematical morphology techniques for colour and multispectral image analysis
Digital image processing, signal processing, communications
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
Image Processing, Doctor of Philosophy, University of Southampton
Award Date: 5 Jul 1994
Electronics and Manufacturing Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering, Loughborough University
Award Date: 5 Jul 1990
- 1 Similar Profiles
Collaborations and top research areas from the last five years
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 7 Finished
Wilson, P., Clarke, C. & Evans, A.
1/04/16 → 31/03/18
Project: Research council
Yang, G., Metcalfe, B., Watson, R. & Evans, A., 17 Jul 2023, (Acceptance date) Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Computer Vision Systems (ICVS 2023). Christensen, H. I., Corke, P. & Detry, R. (eds.). Springer Nature Switzerland, (Lecture Notes in Computer Science; vol. 14253).
Research output: Chapter or section in a book/report/conference proceeding › Chapter or sectionOpen AccessFile3 Downloads (Pure)
Yang, G. & Evans, A., 31 Dec 2021, In: Journal of Real-Time Image Processing. 18, 6, p. 2511-2525 15 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen Access12 Citations (SciVal)
Robust Object Detection in Colour Images Using a Multivariate Percentage Occupancy Hit-or-Miss TransformMacfarlane, F., Murray, P., Marshall, S., Perret, B., Evans, A. & White, H., 17 Dec 2021, In: Mathematical Morphology - Theory and Applications. 5, 1, p. 128-152 25 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile6 Downloads (Pure)
Wang, S., Li, R., Evans, A. & Li, F., 15 Feb 2020, In: Applied Energy. 260, 114225.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile15 Citations (SciVal)49 Downloads (Pure)
Gao, J., Hansen, M., Smith, M. & Evans, A., 5 Mar 2019, (Acceptance date) 3rd International Conference on Biometric Engineering and Applications (ICBEA 2019). Association for Computing Machinery
Research output: Chapter or section in a book/report/conference proceeding › Chapter in a published conference proceeding