Projects per year
- Biometrics: recognising people by the 3D shape of their faces.
- Colour and Multispectral Image Processing: colour edge detection; nonlinear filtering; colour image noise reduction and segmentation using scale-space sieves.
- Motion Estimation: motion estimation and analysis of non-rigid bodies (clouds, glaciers etc), object-based motion.
- Nonlinear Image Processing: mathematical morphological sieves, granulometric texture analysis, multivariate morphology.
- Application Areas: remote sensing, surveillance, medical imaging and video coding.
Willing to supervise doctoral students
PhD projects available in:
- 3D face recognition, including recognition and soft biometrics
- remotely sensed image analysis, including motion estimation and texture analysis
- mathematical morphology techniques for colour and multispectral image analysis
1/04/16 → 31/03/18
Project: Research council
Evans, A. & Li, F., 15 Feb 2020, In : Applied Energy. 260, 114225.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Evans, A., 5 Mar 2019, (Acceptance date) 3rd International Conference on Biometric Engineering and Applications (ICBEA 2019). Association for Computing Machinery
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution
Evans, A. & White, H., 29 Nov 2018, Proceedings of 26th European Signal Processing Conference, EUSIPCO 2018. IEEE, Vol. 2018-September. p. 588-592 5 p. 8553050
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contributionOpen AccessFile34 Downloads (Pure)
Evans, A., Li, F. & Wang, S., 2018.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper
Evans, A., 1 Jun 2018, In : Pattern Recognition. 78, p. 120-132 13 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › ArticleOpen AccessFile10 Citations (Scopus)52 Downloads (Pure)