Projects per year
The Department of Economics is the second largest department in the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences for student numbers.
- We are currently about 40 members of staff engaged in research and teaching in the field of economics.
- Our research output is highly visible with regular publications in many of the leading journals in economics.
- We are currently ranked ninth in both the Guardian University Guide 2018 and the Complete University Guide 2018.
Teaching and facilities
- Our graduates have excellent career prospects including leading finance, higher education and governmental institutions.
- Part of this success is based on our exceptional placement programme.
- We offer various undergraduate, postgraduate and research degreeswhich enjoy an excellent reputation in both the private and public sector and in academia.
Research and expertise
- The results of REF2014 confirm that our research is of excellent quality.
- Our department is organised in five research groups working on Macroeconomics and Finance, Public and Environmental Economics, Labour, Education and Health Economics, Economic Theory and Econometrics.
- We are contributing to various large-scale international funded research projects including GLAMURS, Econadapt and Nudge-it.
- Our research has a widespread impact on society which is documented through numerous impact cases.
31/03/18 → 29/09/18
Project: Central government, health and local authorities
1/04/17 → 31/03/20
Project: Research council
Research Output per year
Research output: Working paper
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article