The dataset contains the data used to prepare the research paper "Application of expanded perlite encapsulated bacteria and growth media for self-healing concrete". This research investigated the self-healing performance of concrete in terms of the number of bacterial spores required and the concentration and composition of nutrients and precursors. The dataset contains:
1. The particle size distribution of the perlite used.
2. Calculations of the number of bacterial cells to calcium acetate.
3. The optical density of bacteria growth in three media.
4. Calcite productivity in the three media in relation to number of bacteria cells.
5. Details of the mortar mix designs.
6. The mean initial surface absorption of mortars from 10 to 120 minutes.